Friday, March 25, 2011

Do you think we should give monetary incentives to the KP2 students to motivate them to get better grades?

"Do you think we should give monetary incentives to the KP2 students to motivate them to get better grades?"
Hello everyone! It’s been long since I wrote in this blog. I don’t know about my friend, Afiq, but I think I should improve my time management skills. L Anyways, relating back to the main topic, on whether we should of should not provide monetary incentives to the KP2 students to motivate them to get better grades.

First of all, I’d like to state that I have no such experience of being a KP2 student. I shall try my best to not to be biased in this matter. What I understand about KP2 students is that students who are in the KP2 group is that if they still don’t improve their grades to get at least the passing grade, they will be considered ‘failed and out’, or FO. This means they will no longer have the chance to pursue their studies in their current university.

Enough with the definitions and explanations, I would like to express my opinions about the topic. Well, from my perspective I think that it’s a bit unfair for other students who do better than them. I mean, come on, getting money for increasing your grades about or more than the passing level? While getting money for getting excellent and above average grades is logical enough, getting money to improve your grades after causing your grades to drop below passing level seems absurd. By doing this, wouldn’t that tempt some individuals to purposely cause their grades and then improve them? Because doing that is certainly much easier than working very hard for excellent grades.

I think that’s all for now. I wouldn’t want to babble to much on this topic. Might hit a nerve! :P Anyhow, thank you so much for reading! Wait for my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment